menu

Health Risks of Bug Repellent

Bug repellent is sold everywhere, and you have probably used one of these products before. But have you ever taken the time to read the warning printed on the product or looked at the ingredients? Most bug repellents contain chemicals, which can have dangerous side effects.

Most bug repellents contain ingredients that are considered as toxic, or at least as being slightly toxic. DEET is one of the most common ingredients in bug repellent since it keeps a wide range of bugs away. This ingredient can be found in most name-brand bug repellents and is considered as toxic. A lot of bug repellents contain other active ingredients that are also considered as toxic.

DEET

DEET

The most common health concern associated with the use of bug repellent is skin irritation. A lot of bug repellents are designed to be directly applied to the skin to prevent bug bites. However, some individuals with sensitive skin have adverse reactions to the toxic chemicals used in these products.

 

The problem with applying a bug repellent to your skin is that chemicals can enter your blood stream through skin pores. The presence of high levels of DEET in your blood can lead to brain damage and cause damages to your other organs.

Using a bug repellent that contains DEET and other toxic chemicals on an occasional basis is not an issue unless your skin is too sensitive to these chemicals. If this is the case, you are better off with a natural bug repellent such as a mixture of witch hazel and apple cider vinegar.
If you use bug repellent on a regular basis, you need to look for a natural alternative. Using a bug repellent that contains DEET and other potentially dangerous chemicals on a daily basis will lead to high toxicity levels in your blood.

In the end, there is no reason to panic if you only use bug repellent on an occasional basis. It is true that these toxic chemicals can cause damages to internal organs and your brain once they get into your blood stream but you would have to apply bug repellent to your skin on a daily basis for a long period before toxicity levels in your blood become dangerous.

However, you should consider using a natural bug repellent to avoid polluting and to save money. You will also find that a natural bug repellent is safer for children.

Post Supporters: https://www.usa.gov/credit, SEO for Dentists @ Dallas SEO Geek, SEM basics, The Geektastic Review‘s Excellent Samsung Gear Fit 2 Review, Dental Practice Tipsbusiness sign tips